Saturday 23 August 2014

The Fault In Our Stars Reviews - Book Review

 Photo found at this address.
Photo found at this link.


I, like nearly every teenager out there, has fallen in love with The Fault In Our Stars. I started reading in Saturday's morning and stayed up until 3am to finish the masterpiece. I know it's cliché times a million but it's true, I couldn't put the book down. I constantly found myself in wonder of how thoughtfully clever it was written (John Green truly is a genius). To be able to write something so beautiful is something so rare these days. The thing is we don't lack the quantity, there are millions of books available at the click of a finger, we lack quality, and John Green really does redeem that reputation. 

The Fault In Our Stars, as I'm sure the world is aware, is the story of Hazel, Hazel Grace Lancaster. She has long been diagnosed with cancer and as she often quotes, she's never been anything but terminal. She goes along to a support group just to please her suffering parents. At this usually dull meeting, she quite literally bumps into Augustus Waters, a boy in similar age to her who's in remission. The book is a tale of their whirlwind love and that nothing lasts forever.

As deep and downright depressing as this book may sound, it couldn't have been further from it. I found it completely uplifting and positively thought-provoking. This book really does remind you that no matter how bad things may be there is always a speck of light, and that however big or small it is, it is always there.

I can proudly say I have read this book and to say I enjoyed it would be a poor understatement. The Fault In Our Stars isn't just a novel, it is a philosophy, a lesson and one that I think everyone should take.

In honour of this honestly breathtaking read, I have picked out what I thought to be the most powerful quotes:  

"It's a metaphor, see; You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing."

"That's the thing about pain...it demands to be felt."

"Okay. Maybe okay will be our always.
Okay."

"I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up."

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in the stars, but in ourselves."

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."

"In freedom, most people find sin."

"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."

and many more that are so completely true I want to cry!

Enjoy this post and the next to come in the reviews - the film review.


No comments:

Post a Comment