Sunday, 30 March 2014

The real abbreviations...



No one speaks properly these days. It's BTW this and FYI that. Text language has turned into a whole new language itself, one many people don't get (me included at times...). But really they're all just a word to represent an action, and they have to start with a hashtag, #whatevs. These are my translations:

YOLO- 'You Only Live Once'
an excuse to do anything you want, be it eating an extra scoop of ice cream or getting arrested. Original.

Examples: 
"Sneaking some chocolate out of the fridge #YOLO"
"Robbing a bank #YOLO"

LOL- 'Laugh Out Loud'
don't know many people that only laugh in their head. 

Examples:
"Watching Celebrity Juice #LOL"
"Got told by my Mum #LOL"

BRT- 'Be Right There'
I'm late but I'm saying I'm nearly there but really I just woke up and can't be bothered to tell the person the truth.

Examples:
"You're at Costa? #BRT"
"Round the corner #BRT"

DIY- 'Do It Yourself'
Stop being lazy and ordering stuff online from IKEA and then getting a handyman to put it all together. Get off your bum and make yourself useful.

Examples:
"Changed the plug! #DIY"
"Fixed up my drawers #DIY"

I hope you can put up with my extreme sarcasm and see what these things really mean:).

No comments:

Post a Comment